As a brand, it’s our job to pursue our customers. We want to get to know them and for them to get to know us, but we are the ones who need to take the initiative.” -Donald Miller
Generating high quality leads, creating a large volume of leads, and converting leads into customers are top priorities for businesses.
One way to engage new customers is with the creation of a powerful lead generator or lead magnet.
When you onramp customers with a tool like a lead magnet, you are gaining the right to establish a relationship with your customer.
According to How to Create a StoryBrand, the three powerful benefits of the lead magnet are to:
- Stake a claim to your territory. Creating a PDF, a video series, or any content that positions you as an expert helps you establish your authority.
- Create reciprocity. When you give away free information you are creating reciprocity. All relationships are based on give-and-take. Be generous to your customers.
- Position yourself as the guide. By helping your customer solve a problem you position yourself as the guide. Once you have helped them, even if it was for free, they will look to you in the future.
Attract More Customers By Incorporating Your BrandScript Into Your Lead Magnet
When you incorporate your BrandScript into your lead magnet, you are switching the focus toward your customer and away from your brand.
Since being customer-centric is a powerful force for attracting new customers, this one modification in your marketing that will reap huge rewards.
Start by answering the following questions to create your BrandScript.
- What does your customer want?
- What is the villain your customer is facing?
- What is your customer’s external, internal, and philosophical problem?
- How can you show empathy for your customer?
- How can you establish your authority with your customer?
- What plan can you create to help your customer achieve their desired transformation?
- What does success look like to your customer?
- How can you help your customer avoid failure? Describe failure.
- Describe the transformation your customer seeks. Think of it as their “from” and “to” or their “before” and “after.”
How to Create an Irresistible Lead Magnet So You Increase your Opt-ins
Before you create your lead magnet, answer these key questions:
- What are your customers biggest complaints?
- What shortcut or secret can you give to help your customers solve their top problem?
- What are your competitors creating that your customers value?
- How does your customer describe success?
- What steps can you give your customer to help them be successful?
- What are your customers commenting on in social media?
- What would your customers pay you to teach them?
- What problem will your customer pay you to solve?
Now that you’ve answered some critical questions and have a better understanding of what your customer is vying for, here are 4 Types of Lead Magnets:
- Free information. PDFs, white pages, videos, podcasts, and webinars.
- Testimonials. Success stories of customers.
- Samples. Offering samples of your book, music, or product is a great way for customers to introduce your brand.
- Free trial.
And now that you’ve got a solid understanding of what your customer needs and how to make it available to them, here are 7 Ways to Grow Your Business with Your Lead Generator:
- Offer your lead generator on your website
- Offer your lead generator in ads
- Create a valuable resource customers would buy, but give it to them for free.
- Establish your brand as the expert in your field.
- Make the lead magnet easy to scan, scroll, and skim, since most customers will be on a mobile device.
- Give your lead generator an intriguing name.
- Capture email addresses and follow up with a nurturing email sequence to engage your customers.
Need some more inspiration? Review these 10 Amazing Lead Generators That are Killing It!